Hello there. This will be the last Spotinews post of 2009. Thanks to all my readers and thanks to Spotify. Happy new year!
Number of posts: 961
Number of comments: 795
Most Popular Articles:
1. Bob Dylan gone from Spotify
2. Aretha Franklin – Sunday Morning Classics
3. 320kb/s Ogg Vorbis For Spotify Premium
4. Bruce Springsteen – Greatest Hits
5. Mumford & Sons – Sigh No More
Most Clicked Releases:
1. Polly Scattergood – Polly Scattergood
2. Jamie Cullum and Clint Eastwood – Gran Torino (Single)
3. Russian Red – I Love Your Glasses
4. Detektivbyrån – Wermland
5. Various Artists – Music From The Motion Picture Watchmen
Howdy folks. So these are my choices for the Top 20 Tracks of the Year. The songs are sorted by track length since I found it too difficult to rank them… A couple of the artists that just missed out on the album top 30 are featured here (Fever Ray, Joker’s Daughter, Wye Oak etc). Enjoy!
La Roux – Quicksand
Little Boots – Mathematics
The Mummers – March of the Dawn
Lily Allen – Fuck You
Joker’s Daughter – Lucid
Morrissey – Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed
Jamie T – Planning Spontaneity
Polly Scattergood – Unforgiving Arms
The Dead Weather – New Pony
Camera Obscura – Swans
Bat For Lashes – Daniel
Eels – That Look You Give That Guy
Animal Collective – Summertime Clothes
Bon Iver – Blood Bank
Empire of the Sun – Country
Fever Ray – Seven
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Runaway
Wye Oak – Take It In
Sonjagon – Monsters
Mount Eerie – Through The Trees
Listen to all tracks in this playlist.
Hey there. These are my top 10 albums of the year. In general I think 2009 was an excellent year for music (so many good albums didn’t even make my top 30!). Tomorrow I’ll do my top tracks list and then on Thursday I’ll put together some stats for the Spotinews blog. Enjoy!
(I left out a Dylan album since he isn’t on Spoitfy. Otherwise that one would have been top 10 for sure.)
(Here is a playlist with my Albums of the Year.)
10. Jonathan Johansson – En hand i himlen
9. Loney, Dear – Dear John
8. Anna Järvinen – Man var bland molnen
7. Jonna Lee – This is Jonna Lee
6. Dan Auerbach – Keep It Hid
5. Taken By Trees – East Of Eden
4. Soap&Skin – Lovetune For Vacuum
3. Eilen Jewell – Sea Of Tears
2. Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavilion
1. Polly Scattergood – Polly Scattergood
Hello. This is the second part of my Albums of the Year list. The third and last part will be up tomorrow. I will also present my favourite tracks of the year and some Spotinews stats before the year ends. Enjoy!
20. HEALTH – Get Color
19. Volcano Choir – Unmap
18. Camera Obscura – My Maudlin Career
17. Bat for Lashes – Two Suns
16. Regina Spektor – Far
15. Lily Allen – It’s Not Me, It’s You
14. Jenny Doveson – All These Wasteful Hours
13. Andrew Bird – Noble Beast
12. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
11. Fontän – Winterhwila
Howdy. It’s time for part one of my Albums of the Year list, but first some general thoughts. Thanks to Spotify I’ve listened to more albums in 2009 than ever before and that makes it difficult to pick just 30 fine albums. Furthermore, these are the ones that I like the most now. Ask me in 2 months and surely a couple of “new” albums will be part of the list. Finally, I won’t write anything fancy about each album, but if you have any comments or questions I’ll be ready to reply. You can either click directly in the list or on the albums covers to listen in Spotify. Enjoy!
30. Mariachi El Bronx – El Bronx
29. Mount Eerie – Wind’s Poem
28. Klabbes Bank – Je Suis La Mer
27. The Antlers – Hospice
26. Sonjagon – Arches
25. Band Of Skulls – Baby Darling Doll Face Honey
24. Gaby and the Guns – Rygg mot Rygg
23. Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson – Break Up
22. Mayer Hawthorne – A Strange Arrangement
21. Neko Case – Middle Cyclone
Good evening. Here is a live album for my Scandinavian readers. It should be a fairly new addition to the Spotify library. Enjoy Cornelis Vreeswijk!
Cornelis Vreeswijk – Live 1981
Hello there. I’m back home again and just noticed that there is now over 6 million tracks in the Swedish Spotify library. This means roughly 100.000 tracks were added while I was gone. One new addition is this splendid pop album by Camera Obscura. Enjoy!
(My “albums of the year” list will begin tomorrow!)
Camera Obscura – Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi
Hey! It’s time for some nu-disco with Spanish electronic artist Nelue. One of my favourite artists, Russian Red, helps out with vocals on two tracks. This is the last post for a little while. I’ll be back on Saturday with the first part of my “albums of the year” list. Merry Christmas to all!
Nelue – Deconstructed EP
Hello. Lots of Los Lobos on this soundtrack. It was recently added to Spotify. Enjoy!
(And yes, this is an album of covers, but still worth a listen or two!)
Various Artists – La Bamba Original Soundtrack